Pregnancy is a natural process which requires a little patience and care. Waiting is the last thing to do once you are ready to start a family. Safe period calculator is also necessary if you are planning for a baby. Here are some tips which you must follow which will help you to increase your chances of pregnancy:
- Preconception checkup- Do get a preconception checkup before officially trying. Make sure to ask your doctor about prenatal vitamins that contain folic acid as it helps to protect against birth defect because it works in the early stages of pregnancy.
- Know your cycle- It is very important to know your menstrual cycle as ovulation is the best time to get pregnant. It is the time when you are most fertile and the cervical mucus becomes thin and slippery and a woman may also feel one-sided pain.
- Don’t worry about the best position- Don’t worry about the best position for getting pregnant as they are myths. Scientifically there are no perfect positions that will maximize your chances of being pregnant. But during intercourse, the sitting and standing position must be avoided as they may discourage sperm to travel upstream if you are planning to have a baby.
- Do lay low right after intercourse- It is advisable to lay low right after an intercourse for 10 to 15 minutes in bed in order to increase your chances of pregnancy as it helps the sperm to get into the cervix. Do not go to the bathroom right after sex as it may discourage the sperm from traveling into the cervix.
- Do not overdo it- You should not have sex every day even during ovulation as this may not increase your chances of pregnancy. Every other night around the time of ovulation can increase the chance of pregnancy as sperm can live for 72 hours after intercourse so you can have sex whenever you are ovulating. It is also advisable to avoid wearing tight clothes or stop having fancy dress ideas or spending time in the hot bathtub during intercourse as it may affect the sperm count.
- Do de-stress- Whenever you are planning to have a baby it is advisable not to be stressed at that time. Stress may interfere with ovulation so it is better to be relaxed as much as you can. Do de-stress as it will help you to be healthy. The habit of drinking too much alcohol to get rid of stress is totally restricted if you are trying to get pregnant. Although you may have a glass of wine if necessary.
- Stay healthy- A woman who is planning to have a baby should always stay healthy. We all say that exercise is a healthy habit but too much exercise is also not good for health as they may cause you not to ovulate. Too much exercise may shorten the second half of your cycle as you must have a 14 days period after you ovulate.
- Stop smoking- If you are a chain smoker it is very important for you to stop smoking if you are trying to get pregnant. Apart from the harmful effects of smoking, it may also decrease fertility. It also affects the estrogen levels and ovulation.
So, these are the tips which must be followed if you want to get pregnant fast. Don’t worry, be calm and have patience. It is always advisable to consult a doctor and have a healthy routine before planning for a baby. If you have any medical issues try to bring it in control before getting pregnant.